- This event has passed.
Comprehensive School Safety Plan Webinar. This is Part 2 in a 3-part series
January 10 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
All California public schools (K-12th grade) are required to develop and maintain a Comprehensive School Safety Plan (CSSP), per California Education Code sections 32280-32289.5. The CSSP must be reviewed and updated annually by a school’s School Site Council and adopted by the School Board by March 1 of each calendar year. Come learn about all of the current requirements needed to refresh your CSSP.
This session will review the following sections:
- Provisions of a School-Wide Dress Code
- Procedures for Safe Ingress & Egress
- Child Abuse Reporting Procedures
- Policies for Suspension and Expulsion
- Procedures to Notify Teachers of Dangerous Students
- Discrimination and Harassment Policy
- Rules and Procedures for School Discipline
- Procedures for Conducting Tactical Responses to Criminal Incidents
Target Audience: Risk Management, Administration
Trainers: Sherry Colgan Stone, Ed.D., Emergency Preparedness, Security and Safety Specialist